Equipment is always evolving and it keeps getting better and better everyday. There are times when it gets to be too confusing which gear one should go with and it's almost always asked in the Facebook groups. The intent here is to consolidate the gear as best as I can and be able to reference this whenever a question pops up.
This always comes up in the forums so I figured I would compile as much information as possible and keep them all in one spot for everyone to access. This is not meant to be the “end all be all” list. Think of it as a continually updated list of equipment that will continually be populated as the updates happen. Here we go. Links provided as much as possible. Heads up: Our posts contains affiliate links.
Remember to check out our blog post regarding lighting types and why lighting matters.
- Alien Bees from Paul C. Buff ($224.95 – $359.95)
- DigiBee from Paul C. Buff ($279.95 – $319.95)
- Ringflash from Paul C. Buff ($399.95)
- Flashpoint II 320M, 150 Watt Second AC / DC Monolight Strobe ($99.95)
- Impact SF-ABRL160 Stand Mount Flash with LED Modeling Light ($84.95)
- Neewer 300W 5600K Photo Studio Strobe Flash Light Monolight ($84.99)
- Neewer 18 inches/48 Centimeters Outer SMD LED Ring Light ($79.99)
- Flashpoint Ring Light Kit:19″/48cm Outer 55W 5500K Dimmable LED Ring Light ($99.95)
Auxilliary Lighting (Add Ons):
Are you looking to augment your existing lighting? Maybe your lights don't put out that much light and you just need that extra boost. Here are a few tried and tested add on lighting that might work for you.
- Neewer 3 Packs Dimmable Bi-Color 480 LED Video Light and Stand Lighting Kit ($199.99)
- Yongnuo YN360 LED Video Light with Adjustable Color Temperature 3200K-5500K ($78.41)
- Neewer Dimmable 480-LED with barn doors
Are you looking for accent up lighting or accent lighting? Here's what some of our members are raving about.
- LE iLUX Smart Outdoor LED Flood Lights, 10W RGB, Dimmable, IP65 Waterproof, Bluetooth Remote Control for iOS and Android Pack of 3 ($67.99)
- CHAUVET DJ Freedom Par Tri-6 Battery-Operated RGB LED Wash Light | LED Lighting ($279.99)
Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you do not have access to a power supply? Maybe you have a gig at a park or the beach and you just need to be able to power your ring light or iPad. Check out these battery packs. I personally use the Power Bank Vinsic.
- TalentCell Rechargeable 12V 6000mAh/5V 12000mAh DC Output Lithium Ion Battery Pack ($33.99)
- Power Bank Vinsic 30000mAh External Battery with 3 Outports (1 DC+2 Smart USB) and 2 Inputs (1 DC+1 USB) High Capacity Portable Charger ($109.99)
- Jackery PowerBar 77Wh/20800mAh 85W (100W Max.) Travel Laptop Power Bank & External Battery Pack for HP, Notebooks, MacBook and Other Laptops ($129.99)
- ChargeTech 54,000 mAh AC Battery Pack ($299)
- Anker PowerHouse ($499) recommended by PBSCO for portable power for the Salsa Booth
- Omars 88Wh/24000mAh 80W AC Power Bank
- Check out a review here.
- Yeti 1000 to provide power when no power is available!
If you're running a booth, make sure that you're using an AC powered hub. You're flirting with danger when you try to power your hub through your USB port on your computer or Surface Pro. Here are the ones that we've used with great success.
- Macally 7 Port Powered USB 2.0 Hub with 5V 2A Power Adapter & 5 foot long Cable (TriHub7)
- AmazonBasics 7 Port USB 2.0 Hub with 5V/4A Power Adapter ($18.99)
Ever find that you're missing out on just that small little piece to complete your booth setup. Here might be some of those pieces that you might need.
- USB 3.0 Adapter 90 Degree Right Angled Gender Changers USB Connector Type A Vertical Male to Female Extender L-shape Plug 2Pcs (DOWN) ($7.99)
- Impact White Translucent Umbrella (33″) ($14)
- iPazzPort Wireless Mini Handheld Keyboard with Touchpad Mouse Combo for Android TV Box and Raspberry Pi 3 and HTPC and XBMC KP-810-19S – Black ($13.99)
- Mini Wireless Keyboard, Fosmon Portable Lightweight Bluetooth Keyboard with Touchpad
- Foto&Tech 3.5 mm to Male Flash PC Sync Cable 14-Inch Coiled Cord with Screw Lock Suitable for Nikon, Canon, and Most DSLR Cameras PocketWizard Plus III/Plus II, Miniphone PC1 (1 PC) ($8.99)
- ACK-E10 AC Power Adapter Charger and DR-E10 DC Coupler Kit for Canon EOS Rebel T3, T5,T6, Kiss X50, Kiss X70,EOS 1100D 1200D 1300D Digital Cameras (Canon LP-E10 Battery Replacement) ($12.99)
- Manfrotto MVDDA13 Digital Director for iPad Air (Black) ($195)
- Pixel TF-334 Flash Hot Shoe Adapter for Converting Sony Mi to Canon/Nikon Flash with PC Port ($12.50)
- On Stage MS7201B Round Base Microphone Stand, Black ($24.95)
- CAMVATE Mic Stand Adapter 1/4″ Male to 5/8″ Female for Microphone Holder ($5.60)
- Gator Frameworks Microphone Stand with 12″ Weighted Base and Soft Grip Twist Clutch Height Adjustment (GFW-MIC-1200) ($47.48)
- DSTE 2x NP-F750 Battery + DC01 Travel and Car Charger Adapter ($28.99)
- YONGNUO American Standard Adapter Power Switching Charger DC for Yongnuo LED Video Light YN600L ($28.99)
- NP-F970 USB Dual Digital Battery Charger ($35.99)
- Pixel Hot Shoe Adapter ($11.90)
Looking for where to get customized swag for your team? Here's where your fellow boothers go.
- Queensboro Apparel
This list will grow. Please add your tried and tested equipment in the comments below and I will add them to this list. Images here have been gathered from their respective sites.
If you like what you read, give us a high five! Leave us a comment and let us know you stopped by. Thanks and happy boothing!